søndag 10. august 2014

Book Review: The Husbands Secret

Short Synopsis:
This book follows three women's very different, and very tragic lives.

Cecilia finds an old letter written by her husband with the words "if you read this, it means I am dead". Only her husband isn't dead, and what is written in the letter is a secret that may ruin a lot.

Rachel is an older woman, who finds out that her son, daughter in law and her beloved grandson is moving to New York. Her grandson means everything to Rachel, especially after she lost both her husband and daughter in a very tragic way.

Tess is running a company with her husband Will, and her best friend and cousin Felicity. One day they tell Tess they have fallen in love.

These three women's lives will intertwine, and secrets will unravel.

Click HERE if you would like to read the Goodreads synopsis.

My thoughts on the plot:
The synopsis of this book was what made me want to pick it up. And it did not disappoint at all. I was actually pleasantly surprised. If you read the Goodreads synopsis it seems like the book only follows Cecilia's life but the fact that we get to read from three women's perspective, was something that I was really happy about. I just find that reading from different perspectives is a great and unique way to tell a story.
All of these women is experiencing some pretty traumatic events. And throughout the book more tragedies, and more secrets are revealed. And I just found myself being really dragged into their stores and wanting to find out what was going to happen. When Cecilia reads the letter, I actually felt something drop in my stomach. I was like "are you freaking kidding me?!? ". There were a lot of wow moments in the books, and it was unpredictable which is always something I want in a book.

My thoughts on the characters:
Cecilia, Rachel and Tess are three very different women, and I enjoyed reading about all of them. I couldn't really relate to any of them, I don't have a husband, I don't have children/grandchildren, and I'm just not similar o any of them personality wise. But I still thought it was enjoyable to read about them.
I must say though that my least favorite character to read about have to be Tess, just simply because I found Cecilia's and Rachel's life more interesting. And I guess they had the most shocking secrets being revealed.

All in all:
This is my first adult book, and I definitely want to read more from this genre. I also really enjoyed Liane Moriarty's way to tell this story, so I know I will pick up more of her novels in the future for sure.
A super good, interesting and really exciting book. If you haven't read any adult books, this is a great first book to get started with that.
In the end my rating of this book was a solid:


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar